25.7.09

Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Musical...

We went to see Priscilla. I'm not sure what was more entertaining:

A) The fact that our seats were ABOVE the disco ball which was ceiling level - it didn't end up mattering - the glitter and glam could have been seen from the MOON.

B) We couldn't see the front of the stage...again, this didn't stop us from dancing in the aisles.

C) The three lovely-very-straight gentlemen that propped down in the row below us. The amusing part was watching them realize they'd just bought tickets to a drag show.

D) The beautiful man above: Rupert Everett (My Best Friend's Wedding, A Midsummer Night's Dream). Holly screamed from the stairs when she saw him as we exited the building. I thought something was dreadfully wrong until I saw her excited face gasping for oxygen and then heard the couple next to us whisper (in a dramatic British accent) "OH. MY. GOD." I turned to look and only saw a crowd of people. But then, in the middle all the other beautiful men stood the most beautiful one (aside from the ones on stage in drag). There stood, Rupert Everett! Sigh. We most certainly got his autograph. As I was purchasing the show's soundtrack he walked by. And as he was walking towards us, Holly was frantically searching for a pen and paper. Alas...her made-of-100%-recyclable-materials-holds-all-you-could-ever-want-or-need satchel is not the kindest when you're searching for anything in a hurry. I produced pen and ticket stub. Rupert signed it. Beautiful beautiful. Yes, he has aged but who doesn't? I suppose Demi, Cher, the original Priscilla perhaps...but that's another topic for another day. He looked smashing without even trying. And it was wonderful.

But who does the autograph belong to??

Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Musical...I loved it even without having seen the movie. I loved it for all of the above. It was more than a theatrical performance, it was simply sensational.

No comments:

Post a Comment