Wait, I'm in London.
That's right, London. As in the United Kingdom. As in, where our forefathers were birthed and fled. Dont' worry, they've basically forgiven us for all that mess at this point.
For the past 10 days I have been the "launch specialist" for a study abroad program I've been managing for the last five years over here. Since I accepted a new position in Massachusetts, I can spell it now! I agreed to come over for a few days to help get things rolling. As soon as I arrived, I started questioning my sanity in this decision.
I fly home tomorrow, so I might as well say, "on with the move", but it technically won't start until I get hom. Let me give you the short-hand run down of what that entails:
Wednesday, July 3 in the evening:
- Arrive home to Jackson Evers "International" Airport
- On way home swing by County Line Road to pick up wedding dress which has arrived
- Dinner with family in Brandon
- Leave car in Brandon, drive to Philadelphia, MS with sister and bro-in-law and Kudzu for family gathering
- Drive to Hattiesburg
- Finally get to see Markus after two weeks apart
- Finish packing up house in Hattiesburg
- Pack up Kudzu
- Drive to O.S.
- Finish packing up Markus' house
- Pack up Kudzu for airplane
- Drive to Gulfport
- Fly to Springfield/Hartford airport, CT
- Rent car
- Drive to Noho
- Move in apartment (only if key situation works out), otherwise stay with coworker/boss/friends? Clearly that step isn't set in stone quite yet.
- Start new job